Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sparkling Strawberry Limeade

Pin It

We're getting ready this week for "Katie-Bug's" first birthday party. As promised (on my last post about a MONTH ago) here is the recipe for our Sparkling Strawberry Limeade. I first got the idea from Sonic. We have a Sonic a little less than a mile from our house and last Summer, I got addicted to their sparkling strawberry limeade. They stopped serving it over the winter and I immediately set out to try and re-create it here at home. After multiple attempts with various results (some complicated, some too sweet, some not "sparkly" enough) but not spot on results, my husband came up with this simple version that is our favorite:

1 12 oz. container frozen Minute Maid Limeade concentrate (thawed)
1 10 oz. package frozen strawberries (thawed)
1 1/2 liter chilled Lemon Lime Seltzer water (NOT lemon lime soda like sprite, it's too sweet)

We double or triple the recipe for parties. It has a nice balance of tartness, sweetness and sparkle. Let me know if you try it, what you think, and what variations/changes YOU like!

1 comment:

  1. I loooove sonic's cherry limeade! Going to have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!