Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hot Cocoa kinda mornin'

Pin It Waking up to another chilly morning, my daughter announced: "It's a Hot Cocoa kinda mornin'" I couldn't have agreed more so after eating our oatmeal, out came the cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, milk, water, & salt. About 10 minutes later we were sipping on hot cocoa by the light of the Christmas tree.



Here's my favorite home-made hot cocoa recipe:
5 Tbs. Cocoa
5 Tbs. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1/3 Cup Water
2 1/2 Cups Milk

Mix cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and salt together in small pot. Add water and mix well. Cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes, stirring the entire time. Add milk and cook until heated (do not boil).


2 comments:

  1. My mom used to make that for me when I was a kid. It is the best hot coco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems so cozy! It's been too cold to go outside lately! I would love nothing more than to drink hot cocoa by the tree! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!