Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Princess

Pin It

Elena has never dressed up for Halloween before this year. We were on the fence about celebrating the holiday, but ultimately decided we didn't want to deprive her of the fun of dressing up each year. Her favorite movie lately has been Cinderella. She goes around singing "Cinderelli, Cinderelli!" and calling all of her shoes "glass slippers." I was convinced when I asked her what she wanted to be she would say Cinderella (I hoped that's what she wanted to be because I knew how pretty she would be in blue).

Boy was I wrong! She wanted to be a pumpkin! At first I thought, O.K., she just didn't understand what I was asking, so I rephrased the question: "Honey? If you could dress up as anything in the world, what would you want to dress as?"...still the same answer, "A Pumpkin, Mommy!" This went on for several weeks. I finally gave in and set out to design her the perfect pumpkin costume. She's a girl, so I didn't want to dress her in the typical unisex costume. I also didn't want her to be a jack-o-lantern. I thought that was a little too cliche. I had seen some adorable fairy costumes using long tu-tus and decided to go that route. About $12 in materials and about 1.5 hours of work, I had her costume, complete with pumpkin wand and leafy crown. She insisted on glitter so she helped me glitter paint the leaves and butterflies later.

So what do you think of my little pumpkin? I love to hear your comments so send some my way!




Entertain Exchange  
ShutterLoveTuesdays

6 comments:

  1. I need to borrow a little girl from someone just so I can dress her in that...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too - I especially love how you curled the green ribbon - it's the little touches like that that make what you do so exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! LOVE your "leaves" and the wand is a fabulous touch! Great job! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - too cute. Keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on Shutter Live Tuesdays win! You deserve it! This was the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is one cute pumpkin! Good work, mama!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!