Friday, January 21, 2011

Blog...what blog?

Pin It That's about how this year has gone so far. Back in the fall I got addicted to my blog (so much so that my husband started to call it my main hobby). That isn't a bad thing, unless other things are left un-done. My little personal challenge in November was GREAT! I loved it, but I think I got a little burnt out with posting every single day. I promise, I'm going to get back into it. I loved making new bloggy friends and learning neat new tricks to try from the bloggy world, but I guess I'm now taking the time to put some of those neat ideas to work...my latest all-consuming project has been planning parties for my girls. Elena turns three in March and Kate turns one in April (and spring break/Easter is sandwiched in between). I LOVE to plan parties and knit all the little details together with my own special touch. I'm having a BLAST working on them right now.

My inspiration was a huge roll of lime green gingham fabric that my Grandmother gave me. I'm using it with reds and pinks for Elena's party and with baby blues and white lace for Kate's. I'm trying to go for two totally different looks using a single fabric as the inspiration. When they're both complete, you all can let me know how I did.

Here's a sneak peak at one of the custom design elements I created for Elena's party. Can anyone guess what the theme is?


I can't wait to share all the details, but you'll just have to enjoy this for now.

1 comment:

  1. I bet it's going to be adorable!!! Speaking of parties and being burnt out (with your blog)....I don't enjoy planning parties as much and after Keagan's big sh-bang last year....We've decided to go much more simple and we've schedule a family camping trip....Hope he's okay with the change. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!