Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finding JOY in Food Poisoning?

Pin It


Tuesday I took my girls to story time at the library. This week's lesson was on apples and I had grandiose plans of going to the apple orchard, making apple sauce etc., but the Lord had other plans in mind for me. On the way home from the library, we have our eat-out treat day; Elena's choice. She wanted a hamburger so we went by McDonalds (NOT Mommy's favorite, but mommies sometimes make exceptions for their little ones). Elena had her cheeseburger and I had a Big Mac or Big Mistake! I knew something wasn't quiet right not long after we finished our meal but I didn't think much of it. After all, I have a tough stomach and could count on one hand how many times I had been sick in my life: that is, until Tuesday night. I couldn't keep ANYTHING down; not water, not ice chips, NOTHING. When I started getting pretty light-headed and dizzy, I knew I needed to do something soon. Normally I wouldn't consider going to the ER but Kate is still exclusively breast-fed and I couldn't feed her anymore. I only had a limited supply pumped and I wasn't getting any better so we called our dear friends who came to the rescue to care for the girls and off to the ER we went. I won't go into details except to say we had to pull over on the side of the road on the way and once we arrived, I lost count of how many times I had to race to the bathroom.


Sometimes I get so wrapped up in MY plans, I forget to include the Lord in them. I love being at home with my girls, I love my little projects, but how easily I forget that it was GOD who gave my talents, family and possessions to begin with. I need to stop and make time for Him and thank him through thick and thin. This time it took food poisoning to get my attention and remind me of these things. Oh Lord, forgive me of my unfaithfulness! This morning, as I sit down with my cup of coffee, I am making time for my Savior, and thanking God for His blessings. Without Him, I am nothing. Thank you Lord for the JOY I find in YOU!



Good, True & Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!