My family has what I would call and addiction to goat cheese. Sweeter and creamier than feta, but with a nice balance of saltiness, it is the perfect compliment to many dishes. I am always trying to think of new ways to fix the green vegetables that my family NEEDS to eat but do not always WANT to eat. Tonight I made asparagus. I started it out my usual way then added a twist that was a family pleaser. A little goat cheese, toasted pine nuts and a squeeze of lime juice gave our old boring asparagus a fresh, yummy, and healthy spin.
1 bunch asparagus
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
2 T pine nuts toasted
juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 cup goat cheese
1. Snap off ends of asparagus, clean, and place in a single layer in a glass pan.
2. add water and squeeze lime over the asparagus then sprinkle with salt
3. cook for about 5 minutes at high power in microwave or until asparagus is tender
4. While the asparagus is cooking, toast the pine nuts in the toaster oven
5. Drain the asparagus and sprinkle pine nuts and goat cheese over the top
6. bake for about 5 minutes in the oven at about 450