Wednesday, November 17, 2010

25 Days of Thanks Challenge: Day 18

Pin It
Today I am Thankful for...My In-laws




I love my in-laws almost as though they were my own parents. They are both amazing people with amazing life stories (not to mention they gave birth to what I feel is the most amazing man on the whole earth, but more of that is to come in another post). So many people have out-laws instead. I can pick up the phone and call them any time just to talk. They always know how to make me feel good about myself and the job I do with our girls. They can always make me laugh, too. Yes they have their ways! My mother-in-law LOVES to clean (she's a bit obsessed with it) and my father-in-law LOVES his dog (aka my husband's little brother) but as they are quick to remind me, everyone is different and has their own strengths and weaknesses. Today I give thanks for them and all that they are. I love you both so very much and thank you for loving me as your own daughter!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! It sounds like your in-laws are lucky to have you as well.

    I don't miss having them... in-laws I mean. Mine were never terribly involved and caused more headaches than help. Actually that's not completely true, I have kept in touch with my former FIL and his wife and they have a nice, albeit tentative relationship with my children. Having their own father out of the way has made that MORE possible and I'm thankful for that...for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this one. I love my in-laws too! It's so wonderful to have a great realtionship with your in-laws. It makes life so much easier and more pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!