Wednesday, November 3, 2010

25 Days of Thanks Challenge: Day 3

Pin It
Today I am Thankful for...Our Home


In 2001 I graduated from college, got engaged, bought a house and was married all within the span of a month. It was a drastic change for me. I always thought I would live the rest of my days in my hometown in Georgia but I picked up and moved 2.5 hours away from my family. Though it was tough (and still is at times) God was with us through it all. By being away from our families, my husband and I learned to depend on each other and the Lord.

In the almost 10 years since then, we have built that "house" into a home. From painting and installing carpet, to tearing down walls and building patios, we have enjoyed working on our home. Though I enjoy using the talents God has given me to do those things, our house has become so much more than just a place we live. It is a place that will always hold memories that are dear to us; from saying our vows in the back yard, to bringing home first one then a second precious daughter. I pray that our home will always be a place where people will feel loved and welcome.

So what are you thankful for? Join me in my challenge and link up below. For more information, click on the "25 Days of Thanks" tab at the top of the page.

1 comment:

  1. That was really sweet! You truly have made that house a great home! It's one of my favorite in the neighborhood! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!