Saturday, November 6, 2010

25 Days of Thanks Challenge: Day 6

Pin It
Today I am Thankful for...Friday Night Family Time




At one point in my married life, Friday night Family time was pretty much non-existent during the Fall. My husband was one of the band directors and required to go to all of the football games. Luckily, when we started planning our family, he decided to look for another teaching job that would allow him a bit more time. That has enabled us to have some wonderful times together. Though we don't officially plan anything, it just always seems to work out that Friday nights we do something special. Usually the activity stems from something my two year old has seen on Sesame Street or Word World that week. Last week it was popcorn and a movie night with Toy Story III. This week it was camping out and roasting marshmallows in our PJ's (all in the comfort of our living room because Mommy and Daddy are wimps). We put up our little two-person tent, piled it full of blankets and pillows and daddy served the girls smores from our wood burning fireplace. There was no T.V. and only the light from the fire, one lamp, and my occasional camera flash. I can't imagine a better way to spend the first cold fall night of the season. Thank you, Lord for these sweet, precious memories that I am sure I will cherish for a lifetime!


What are YOU thankful for today? Check out the "25 Days of Thanks" tab at the top and link up below!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my girls...they are 8 and 3. They love to camp. They don't care if its inside, outside in the backyard, or at a campground.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!